For a free quote please call Tony
Or visit our Facebook page
Trueform Plastering - Damp Specialist
All buildings are surrounded by natural moisture that unless prevented is trying to get into the structure of the building. Materials such as stone and brick are naturally porous and will gradually soak up moisture via their capillaries.
When a building is constructed, a measure to prevent damp is generally installed in the form of a physical (lead lined bituminous or other membranes, slate, blue brick) damp proof course into the walls however, when this preventative damp treatment does not exist or becomes damaged the most common result is damp.
Contact an experienced damp specialist today for a free no obligation quote. Specialists in Air Gap Membrane, Render Tanking and damp course injection.
What problems can be caused?
What to look for?
- Localised dampness — Blotchy patches on internal walls.
- Plaster damage — Plaster & paint deterioration, blistering, appearance of stains & salts.
- Wet Rot — Rotting skirting boards or timber.
- Mould — Mouldy smell or signs of mould growth on internal decoration.
- Moss — Excessive moss growth on external walls.
- Brick damage — Moisture entering the brick (known as spalling) causes surface damage.
How Trueform Plastering can help.
We’re here to help, if you have any questions about damp proofing please don’t hesitate to call. We can call round and give you a free no obligation quote.