What is Air Gap Membrane Installation?
Air Gap Membrane is a dimpled plastic sheet which, due to the dimples, allows air to freely circulate and flow within the wall. This prevents moisture from becoming trapped as in conventional tanking systems which can drive dampness sideways and upwards and into other areas of your home and cause further damp and mould problems.
If you need any help and advice with lining cold or damp walls, damp wall treatment or ‘tanking’, Truform Plastering will be pleased to give you completely free, no obligation advice. Just call them on 07913 541372.
What problems can be caused by damp?
Damp is unsightly, potentially unhealthy, and can cause heat loss due to the increased conductivity of the walls. If you notice the tell tale signs of damp the sooner you start thinking about resolving the issue, the less likely for more damage to occur and the lower the potential costs to remedy the issue.
Often, the easiest and most reliable way to do this is to contact an experienced and qualified damp specialist such as ourselves that are familiar with damp problems and the variety of damp treatments available.
What to look for?
- Localised dampness — Blotchy patches on internal walls.
- Plaster damage — Plaster & paint deterioration, blistering, appearance of stains & salts.
- Wet Rot — Rotting skirting boards or timber.
- Mould — Mouldy smell or signs of mould growth on internal decoration.
- Moss — Excessive moss growth on external walls.
- Brick damage — Moisture entering the brick (known as spalling) causes surface damage.
How Trueform Plastering can help.
We’re here to help, if you have any questions about damp in your home please don’t hesitate to call. We can call round and give you a free no obligation quote.